Friday, May 23, 2008

A Song For Time

May 5, 2007

( okay, it's not my greatest work, but it makes a damn good song – just make up your own melody, and think country/folk…)

28 days 'til I see my baby.
O, time can't you speed up a little bit faster
28 days 'til I can look into his eyes
and so patience will become my master
Everything I've longed for
will be comin' 'round soon,
and as every day goes by
I'll be conversing with the moon.

Chorus
Just hold your love for me
and keep it tight and strong
I'm runnin' as fast as I can
and I'll be there before long
Through thickets of missing and fields of torture,
I'm holding onto you as I write this song.

28 days 'til I'm reunited
with the love I've never even met.
28 days 'til I'm in his arms
and everything will be reset.
Everything I've longed for
will be comin' 'round the bend
O, Time, for once in my life,
be my friend.

Repeat chorus

Bridge

Time travelin' through my emotions,
grabbin' at thorns to give you the roses.
Only you can relate
as it'll all be worth the wait.

Repeat chorus

No comments: